Total Pageviews

Monday 23 May 2016

Monday

Monday , made it through another one. So many people drag themselves out of bed on a Monday and off to work feeling nothing but dread at facing another week in a job for which they have no passion. We know we need a job, but too often we don't have the courage to patiently search for a job that really brings us pleasure, or even real joy.
I guess there are a few different reasons for working a job. Obviously passion for the job itself. A job which gives an outlet for a particular passion. Maybe cooking or painting  or something like that. Then using the job as an outlet for the passion.
Then I guess there are the service jobs. A job that allows you to help others. These can range from simple waiting jobs to life saving medical jobs.
The other type are the job that simply allows you to live the lifestyle that you want. Maybe the hours you work allow you to surf every morning before work at you favourite break or give you the freedom to travel a few months each year.
For so many of us though we get lost in the wake up.Go to work. Go through the motions. Collect our pay every fortnight or week and pay the bills. We end up spending our couple of days a week of freedom feeling too drained to enjoy the fruits of our labours.
I am in the middle of a search for a more balanced lifestyle. I want to see if I can diversify my income so that I am not completely reliant on income from just one source.
I would love to have maybe 5 different income sources which each bring in $10,000 plus. On the end of this I would have maybe 3 months a year to be mobile. To travel. To hang out in Thailand so my wife can be with her family, but also so we can have time to do things we enjoy.
I think I can make it happen. Within 2 to 5 years. Building this blog into something that generates a steady, easy to relocate income source. I can write posts from anywhere on earth. The posts may be more interesting when they come to you from a small village in south east Asia. At present I am focussing on content. Find a half hour each day and just open up my thoughts and put them on the page. It's very early days. With something like this, there are always plenty of people telling you why you can't and very few telling you why you can. I thing it is important to be consistent and see where it takes us.
My current job as a Chef Manager in an industrial site's staff canteen has decent hours and pays okay wages. If I can find the other parts of the puzzle then I think I can switch to casual chef work and be happy to earn the amount of money I want and then put my feet up. I figure about a day and a half a week should be enough to get it done.
Cricket umpiring won't need too much adjustment. I figure I can simply make myself available Saturday and Sunday throughout the season and then if I umpire another 8 other days I will achieve my goal. There are school cricket matches and a few trials and social games at either end of the season and I am done.
The other 2 are definitely the most difficult. I have been thinking of running a cooking class at the local community college. I have very little knowledge of what needs to happen to make that a reality or how much money can be earned doing that kind of work.
Last of all are investments which could generate income. This will require some study to find a way.
If I can do all this, I will be on the road to creating a truly exciting life for me and my wife.
These thoughts in the back of my mind as I head through my week mean that I have good motivation to ignore the problems that get in my way and keep pressing on to an inspirational life.

No comments:

Post a Comment