Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 May 2016

164 hours free to live life in the future. What about right now?

Oops, not exactly tomorrow. In fact it's 2 Saturdays later. But let me continue.
I would love to be blogging regularly. Wouldn't mind writing a book, learning a language. I am currently learning Thai as you can see from other posts on this blog. I think I would like to be based at least for part of the year in Northern Thailand. My wife's family live in Chiangmai, so that has some real benefits. I love being there and am making so real progress with my language skills in recent times. Chiangmai is an amazing place. The cost of living is low, but it also has all the modern societal comforts. It would also mean a great base to access all of Asia.
But what will make us really happy? I guess I am thinking mainly about freedom. Freedom from deadlines. Sitting done at the start of the month and thinking "What should we do?" I could do that now. But now I have only evenings and weekends to act on my plans. I have to squeeze them in between work commitments.
That's got me thinking. Why don't I do that right now? Live the life I am currently living more fully. Surely I am guilty of waiting until my plan succeeds to really live life. Why not just grab the bull by the horns and start having more fun today. Not in a year's time. RIGHT NOW.
Sure my travel plans are limited by time, but everything else can be acted on.

Perfect day :
Wake at 4.50am 5 minutes of activity to get the blood flowing. Maybe a plank or situps , pushups, rapid curls to get the arms going.
5.00am shower, followed by quick breakfast and a 15 minute meditation. I have been using the headspace app for the last month or so and am enjoying it.
Then off to work.
The search continues for happiness at work. The last week has seen me tick some boxes in that area. Acceptance of the things around you. Control what you can and don't listen to your ego. (Eckhart Tolle , A new earth can help in that department)
Get out of work on time. 2.30pm to 3.00pm if you are me.
Arrive home at 3.00pm to 3.30pm.
Now where do we go from here.
First, I should do 15 minutes of exercise. Exercise bike, walk or run.
Followed by moving of my chess pieces on gamenot.com. A game against the computer or as many as it takes to get a win. Then, 15 minutes of chess study.
TBC

No comments:

Post a Comment