Total Pageviews

Sunday 25 September 2016

Restaurant review - Eat GRK- Beverly Hills

We headed out to for a midweek celebration when my wife received her permanent residency after an almost 3 year wait. We were looking for something a little different to our usual Asian fare so this place jumped out. We had visited once before, leaving with over filled bellies and smiles of food joy on our faces. The problem, at least for me at Eat GRK is that there are more options on the menu than I can eat in one go. Not really a problem for a normal human, they just eat one option and try another next time. Not so for me. I have the tendency to attempt to eat everything I like in the one go and then then spend the rest of the evening asking myself why anyone would eat that much. Ahhh, we live and at least attempt to learn.

As I stated in the above intro the menu has a good number of options, and the outdoor style dining gives the place  a great atmosphere. In the winter it can get a little chilly but then, they have the portable fires going. This restaurant is situated right next door to the Beverly Hills hotel and would make for a good stopping point either on your way to the hotel or a after a couple of early beers. The cinema is maybe 50 metres away on the other side. Take your pick.

The menu has an array of options, most of the mains involve some form of charcoal cooked meat, Lamb, chicken or pork and there is usually a mixed tasting plate in each part of the menu if you are like me and can't pick just one. The entree options look good. Choices include grilled haloumi, feta fries, haloumi chips, as well as some dips and pita breads but these will have to wait. As I said earlier, I ate far too much on my first visit (all enjoyable) but I was going to make an effort not to make the same mistake again.

This time I went straight for the Mix Plate. It contains more than enough for a filling meal. The mix plate contains 100g of carved lamb or Pork, I chose Lamb. 1 souvlaki of your choice I went with the pork (meat on a skewer), 1 loukaniko (pork based wine soaked sausage), 1 Sheftalia (skinless pork sausage from Cyprus), 1 slice pita bread, Tzatziki for dipping, a generous side of chips and Greek Salad which was topped with a delicious slice of Feta cheese. Along with that they throw in a can of drink or a water. The sausages are rich and not afraid to be meaty, whilst the meats cooked over a charcoal grill were juicy and packed with flavour. The Greek salad was well dressed and generous and even the humble side of chips came topped with a tasty seasoning. All of that for only $32, I'm not sure you can do much better.


My wife had the Souvlaki plate. This contains 3 skewers, Chicken, lamb, and pork, all nicely grilled, with sliced pita, tzatziki, chips, Greek salad and the can of drink or water. As with my meal, this one was a success and we will return before too long.

Everything went down a treat and I am keen to get back there and try a wrap or two and maybe one day even make it to the coffee and dessert portions of the menu.




No comments:

Post a Comment