Total Pageviews

Thursday 26 November 2020

New language learning method

 Exciting news on the language learning front. I was listening to an episode of the Bangkok Podcast from season 1 way back in 2010 and came across a great tip for improving my language learning. The idea is to tweet in your new language each day as a way to improve your skills. Okay I admit I haven't as yet tested the theory but thought that it could be a great way to use my language skills and over time build on the foundations that I learn in my lessons. Obviously I will make some errors along the way but think that this could be a great way to improve my basic communication skills.



Twitter allows up to 280 characters per tweet which is enough to make a basic statement in the target language. Initially I think I may create a couple of new twitter accounts. Maybe one for German and another for Thai. The original Bangkok Podcast episode was episode 32 from season 1 and featured Thai language speaker, blogger and tweeter Hamish Chalmers. I have just set up a twitter account called TweetinginThai and will set up another called TweetinginGerman to get me started. If I start out with some simple tweets just constructing simple sentences I can see where it takes me. 


As I think I mentioned in an earlier post I am a strong believer in having an outlet for you language skills and I hope that this will provide me with just that. Some would say that I could just write a couple of sentences in a diary each day and that would have the same effect but I am hoping that but making my writing public there will be a stronger pull to continue ticking away at the task. 

Only a brief post today but hopefully one that sends me on a pathway to improved Thai and German language communications and with that a more open view of the world. As always happy learning!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment